Sunday, August 17, 2014

OCC "Stretch Your Stamps 2" - Thinking of you

Just popping in with what is probably going to be my last homework for the current Online Card Class. This card was inspired by a video by Yana. She stamped a foliage frame with white pigment ink and after it dried she stamped over it with colored ink. I couldn't find any colors that looked good on mine so I left my leaves white. Check out my embossed frame around the sentiment - I really should do that more often...





Stamps: Hero Arts (leaves), sentiment unknown
Punches: Carl CartaCrafts (flowers), McGill (butterfly)

Since foliage, flowers, and butterflies are summery I am entering this to the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge where the theme is "Summer" and because the punched shapes are from snippets I am also playing at Pixie's Snippet's Playground.

Hope you are all well and have a great week!
Hugs,
Susanne

8 comments:

scrappymo! said...

Very pretty. I like the stamped edging!

Di said...

Oh this is lovely Susanne! I do love the centre embossing - it really sets of the sentiment and the lovely foliage surround.

Hugs, Di xx

Manuela said...

Hallo Susanne, sieht gut aus mit dem weiß auf dunklerem Hintergrund. Du bis echt fleißig beim umsetzten mit den ganzen Techniken der Onlineklassen! :-)
Lg Manuela

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Gorgeous card, love the design and the details that pop.

Warm hugs
Maarit

Anita in France said...

Such a lovely splash of colour from those sweet blooms and butterfly, Susanne ... fabulous against all the lush green! Anita :)

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Susanne :-) the whole design of this is fabulous, lovely design :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
luv
Lols x x x

Jean said...

I like the effect of the white stamping and the fabulous splash of colour with flowers and butterfly.
Jean x

cm said...

Oh my, this gem nearly flew under my radar (internet issues...again!), but here I have, gazing and admiring at your wonderful take on this technique! With the gallery's close coming quickly, I have the cardstock cut and frame embossed...and I'm still pondering what to add! Like you, I have the pigment ink; beyond that, no idea about what other colours to use. Gahh...Yours is offering fabulous inspiration; the white, left untouched, is lovely...
Hugs~c

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...